The Long Beach Merchants Association sponsors several popular local events throughout the year. This year’s events include:
- Long Beach Centennial Celebration – Our City turns 100 years old in 2022! Details coming soon.
- Long Beach Razor Clam Festival: April 16 – 17, 2022. A celebration of everything clam, from free clam digging lessons to a chowder cookoff competition.
- Sandsations: July 19 – 23, 2022. Try your hand at building a sandcastle or view the work of professional sand sculptors as they craft fabulous works of art.
- Holidays at the Beach: December 26 – 28, 2021 and December 26 – 28, 2022. Enjoy a free showing of the movie Polar Express, welcome Santa’s arrival in town, holiday caroling, workshop crafts for kids, and even have your picture taken with a mermaid!
- SummerFest – Returning for 2022. Live music and more at Veteran’s Field in the heart of Long Beach.
Along with these annual events, there’s something available almost every week of the year to do on the Long Beach Peninsula, including the International Kite Festival, Rod Run, Loyalty Days Parade, the World’s Longest Garage Sale, and the Surf Perch Derby to name a few!
Stop by the LBMA’s Visitor Center in the heart of downtown Long Beach at the corner of 3rd St. and Pacific Ave. for maps, brochures, souvenirs, and personal assistance.
Visit the website of the Long Beach Peninsula Visitor Bureau for more information.