The Long Beach Merchants Association sponsors several popular local events throughout the year. This year’s events include:
- Long Beach Razor Clam Festival: April 8 – 9, 2023. A celebration of everything clam, from free clam digging lessons to a chowder cookoff competition.
- Sandsations: July 12 – 16, 2023. Try your hand at building a sandcastle or view the work of professional sand sculptors as they craft fabulous works of art.
- Holidays at the Beach: December 24 – 26, 2023. Enjoy a free showing of the movie Polar Express, welcome Santa’s arrival in town, holiday caroling, workshop crafts for kids, and even have your picture taken with a mermaid!
- SummerFest – Live music and more at Veteran’s Field in the heart of Long Beach from Memorial Day through Labor Day.
- Charm Trail – Stop by the Visitors Center in downtown Long Beach for a bracelet and started charm, then collect charms from over 40 local merchants.
Along with these annual events, there’s something available almost every week of the year to do on the Long Beach Peninsula, including the International Kite Festival the 3rd week of August, Rod Run in early September, Loyalty Days Parade, the World’s Longest Garage Sale, and the Surf Perch Derby to name a few!
Stop by the LBMA’s Visitor Center in the heart of downtown Long Beach at the corner of 3rd St. and Pacific Ave. for maps, brochures, souvenirs, and personal assistance.
Visit the website of the Long Beach Peninsula Visitor Bureau for more information.