Calling All Volunteers – Long Beach Merchants need you!
Do you know how local festivals are operated? All of the people you see managing the events, from budget and marketing to planning and executing, are volunteers.
The driving force behind the Long Beach Merchants Association (LBMA) and our merchant association friends at both ends of the Peninsula is our strong belief that events bring people to the beach and visitors keep stores open.
For nearly 30 years, local merchants have designed and produced events to do just that, and the Long Beach Peninsula events wouldn’t be possible without the incredible community of volunteers and strong partners supporting the events:
- Partnering with the LBMA is the City of Long Beach, who helps fund festivals
- The Long Beach City Crew to do heavy lifting like setting up and breaking down tents, running power and water, hauling trash and the like.
- The Long Beach Peninsula Visitors Bureau, who promotes the volunteer-produced festivals of LBMA, through press releases, distribution of flyers, and advertising through their print products and on funbeach.com.
- Merchant partners provide prizes and other in-kind donations needed to make the events a success each year.
The cornerstones of the festivals are the volunteers who step up to chair events and committees, work booths, organize, set up, break down, keep the budget, order supplies – the list goes on and on. The LBMA’s history of success rests in the power of volunteers…and so too does its future.
You can have a hand in helping your community and make a difference by being a part of producing great events like
- The Long Beach Razor Clam Festival
- Holidays at the Beach
- …and more!
LBMA is looking for talent at every level and have lots of different needs, including small and large commitments of time. There are tons of ways you can help!
If you’ve got some time to spare, why not use it to help improve the local economy? Volunteering not only provides a valuable service to your community, but it’s a lot of fun and be a great way to help the local community. If you’re able to help out, please let us know — simply fill out the Volunteer form below and either mail it or scan and email it to the address on the form. LBMA would love for you to lend a hand!